Membership of PaTHES is open to all those actively involved and interested in philosophy and social theory of higher education – broadly construed.
- Preferential rates for attendance at the annual conference;
- Free print subscription for the Philosophy and Theory in Higher Education Journal;
- Regular Newsletter to members – the Quarterly Community Forum;
- Regular email news of events, calls for papers, networking and funding opportunities.
Being a part of PaTHES is being part of a community focused on developing the emerging field of the Philosophy and Theory of Higher Education, and a community that invites your active participation and welcomes your ideas and initiatives for projects, publishing, meetings, reading groups, actions and discussions, by for example:
- Contributing to the PaTHES Blog;
- Taking part in the PaTHES reading groups;
- Speaking at PaTHES Webinars and Online Meetings;
- Promoting the publication of your recent book on the website;
- Contributing to the Quarterly Community Forum – the Pathes newsletter;
Join us in forming and promoting an effective worldwide community of scholars and academics developing philosophical and theoretical thinking about higher education and the future of universities. Welcome!
Membership runs on the calendar year. That means that the annual fee provides membership for the current year until 31 December. Rates are as follows (correct as at May 2020):
- Individual Membership: €75
- Students/Unwaged members: €45
When you register as a member your membership is for one calendar year. There are no automated reminders to renew membership after this time. This means you need to register again for the next calendar year. In the registration form you will be asked for affiliation. If you have no affiliation to an organisation please just write ‘other’ in the box. As soon as you have made the payment a mail will be sent to your email. You can also access your membership payment at any time by clicking on the manage my membership button.