We are pleased to announce that membership of the Philosophy and Theory of Higher Education Society (PaTHES) is open to all those actively involved in philosophy and social theory of higher education – broadly construed. The aim of the Society is to form and promote an effective worldwide community of scholars and academics developing philosophical and theoretical thinking, and engaging in research, developmental and professional work on higher education, and on the future of universities. The Society strives to be inclusive, and welcomes applications to join from all those who are in interested in the aim of the Society, and agree to its by-laws.
The Society has an annual fee which provides membership for 1 year. Rates are as follows (correct as at September 2018):
- Individual Membership: €75
- Students/Unwaged members: €45
Membership in the Society offers a number of benefits. These include:
- Preferential rates for attendance at the annual conference;
- Free print subscription for the Philosophy and Theory in Higher Education Journal;
- Opportunities for discussion and collaboration with colleagues working in the field;
- Eligibility to be considered for inclusion in the Journal’s Editorial Board (a minimum of 25% and a max of 50% of the Journal’s Editorial Board are members of the Society);
- Opportunity to be the guest editor for the yearly PaTHES special issue of the Journal;
- Displaying your recent (published within the last 12 months) book on the website;
- Regular email news of events, calls for papers, networking and funding opportunities.